There are an estimated 7,000 career academies in operation in the United States, enrolling about one million students and extensive research shows that their impact is felt in an academic, economic, workforce development, and social perspective.
Career academies prepare students for university studies and jobs with career development. Career Academies are often connected with education centres that link students with peers, teachers, and industry partners in a structured environment that helps with the students academic success.
The career academy concept has three key elements:
- Learning & development organisation
- Job-based pathway curriculum with career goals
- An advisory board that partners with employers
Career Academy JobSeeker Program
Topics featured in our program include:
- Understanding what YOU are looking for in this job — and better understanding yourself
- Understanding the future opportunities of selected industries
- How to search for jobs
- Creating a high quality resume
- Preparing personalised cover letters and emails for job applications
- Researching the business before make phone contact
- How to conduct yourself in a telephone interview
- How to present yourself at a face-to-face meeting for the job
- Tips from employers about what they are looking for
- Negotiating your package
- Starting your new job.